The first step to adopt Marketplace Use Case is registering a "Platform Merchant (Marketplace Business)" merchant account for your business entity.
- We only accept Japanese entities (including Corporations and Sole Proprietorships) to register a Platform Merchant account.
- You must have a Japanese Bank Account to receive payouts in JPY from KOMOJU.
Contact our Account Manager or inquiry form to ask for credentials to log in to KOMOJU's dashboard to access the "Test" environment.
Integrate Platform Model APIs and create mock Payout Merchant accounts under your Platform Merchant account via our APIs, and execute further tests to ensure the integration goes well.
Please ensure you acquire the following capabilities after integrating our APIs:
- Payout Merchant onboarding
- Platform Processing Model (for Marketplace Use Case)
- Balance Transfer
- Payout to sub-merchants
- Manage sub-merchants
After you complete tests on your side in the "Test" environment, you can forward to the next step.
Now, you should initiate the live application procedure on KOMOJU Dashboard. During the procedure, KOMOJU will need to collect the required information about your business entity to ensure both of us are compliant. On the KOMOJU Dashbaord, you need to submit mainly five categories of information
- Company Information
- Including General Company Information, Company/Business Address, Business Information and Contact Information.
- Personal Information
- Including Representative Director information, Residence Address of the Representative Director, Applicant Information, and copies of the Identity Document.
- Site Information
- Provide detailed information about your site, Store Address, Legal-related Information about your service (eg: requests from Specified Commercial Transactions Act)
- Bank Account
- Provide the information about your company's Japanese Bank Account for receiving payouts.
- Owned Payment Methods
- You'll need to specify which payment methods you want to apply for, so your customers can use any of them during checkout. Learn more about Owned Payment Methods here.
Once you complete the application, KOMOJU will start reviewing your submission.
Once you pass KOMOJU's review, you'll be able to access "Live" environment. From this moment, you're good to onboard your real sellers and process actual payments via the APIs you integrated in "2. Integrate APIs" above.
Updated about 6 hours ago